Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Honest Kitchen Preference Review

Now for my other little dumpling Eevie to review her product.
I wanted her to like this so bad!
Look at this amazing ingredient list! From the Honest Kitchen website:

Sweet potatoes, organic alfalfa, cabbage, organic coconut, apples, spinach, pumpkin, bananas, celery, organic kelp, honey, tricalcium phosphate, choline chloride, zinc amino acid chelate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, potassium iodide, potassium chloride, iron amino acid chelate, copper amino acid chelate.

This is a base mix to mix with your dog's raw food. Although I love the benefits of a raw/ barf diet...it is a huge hassle to prep her food! It basically takes me half a day to prep her food with the proper ratios of meat, organs, etc. With a new baby, prepping her food became an almost impossible task! I was tempted to go back to a high quality kibble but didn't want to cut back Eevie's food just because I lacked the time. I still wanted to give my little dumpling the best! (Kibble-- regardless how high quality is never fresh!)

Then came along Honest Kitchen! I could easily prep her food in a little over 5 min! I just added water to the dehydrated food and portioned each day's worth into a zip loc baggie. I also just cut up whatever meat she was going to eat for the week! No more measuring out ratios of muscle meat to organ meat, grind up egg shells or bones for calcium. When I was feeding her raw I was also concerned if she was getting the right amount of vitamins since I do not feed her whole bones in her meat. (I've read one too many horror stories online about feeding bones-- better safe than sorry!) This ingredient list gave me the piece of mind that provided whatever vitamin supplement needed when feeding raw.

The first time I gave it to her she sniffed it a little, lapped at it-- then walked away! She just picks at it on and off for about 3 hrs D: Now Eevie is normally not a picky dog when it comes to food or anything she ingests! She's like a goat--she will eat anything! Crayons, her doggy friends kibbles (When Eevie goes over anywhere for a play date all the mamas know to put their pup's kibble away!--It's that bad!), she's even found a new fondness for baby poop! Ick! O and ever since I came home from the hospital, she has learned how to open the lid of the garbage can to steal my breast pads! 

This was taken an hr after I gave it to her-- barely touched! I even added avocados in there for her! Smh :(

So I don't know why she won't eat this?! Maybe because she knows it's actually good for her??...ugh! This dumpling drives me insane.
Anyways, I purchased the 7lb box-- don't know what I'm going to do with it. Maybe give it to another fellow doggy mama :(  In the meantime, I'm going to try whatever combination of food or meat possible to get her to eat this. Once this is done, I know better now to order a sample size first from the Honest Kitchen D:


No comments:

Post a Comment